Global Coal Market Entry Strategy / Mining
A leading energy producer in New Zealand was focused on oil and gas production, and needed to develop a strategy for its entry into mining.
The Wood Mackenzie consulting team worked with the client to understand investor expectations and define how the organisation could position itself to exploit its core capabilities and in a way that best exceeded investor expectations.
As part of the work, the Wood Mackenzie consulting team worked with the client to:
- identify and assess major growth options (based on the client's capabilities to support these options)
- analyse the client's current portfolio from a 'natural ownership perspective'
- develop a capital market view of the client and coal industry
- screen regional opportunities for the client's entry into the coal business; and
- identify and evaluate the most commercially attractive options.
The team also developed a detailed entry strategy and implementation roadmap to support a focused and successful transition into this new market.
The client was able to proceed with a detailed market entry plan and retained Wood Mackenzie as its strategic advisor on the due diligence and implementation phases of this major corporate mining entry strategy.
Wood Mackenzie Consulting
T+44 (0)203 060 0495