North America Power Service
If you are a client of this product or want to check if you have access, please click here.
Not a Client?
If you would like more information on this Service, click here to register your interest.
Amidst unprecedented challenges and competing uncertainties, understanding the North American power markets demands a robust fundamental view and expert analysis of economic and regulatory forces. Wood Mackenzie's North American Power Service (NAPS) provides an in-depth understanding of the key regulatory and economic drivers and emerging industry trends in the electric power industry, leveraging a highly integrated multi-sector analysis of the energy industry.
- Base Case Long-term View
updated twice a year and providing a 22-year supply, demand and power price outlook for 35 regional US markets, 7 regional Canadian markets and Baja-Mexico;
- Long-term Topical Scenario Analyses
also utilizing Wood Mackenzie's fundamentally integrated power, fuel and emission price forecasting models;
- Short-term Base Case Forecasts
updated every month with deliverables to reflect current expectations on power load growth and fuel pricing during the following two years;
- Regional Market Overview Reports
covering market fundamentals and key developments within the ERCOT, Midwest, Northeast, Southeast, and WECC regional power markets;
- Regular Power Market Insight Reports
analyzing major trends and uncertainties in the power markets;
- Access to NAPS Analysts
for additional detail and forecast discussion; and
- Invitation to Wood Mackenzie's Semi-annual Gas & Power Forums
Benefits of Our Independent Regional Analysis of the North American Power Industry
- Examining the implications of major regulatory, economic and technological uncertainties on market fundamentals and asset performance
- Benchmarking internal forecasts against a "second opinion" or third party view
- Supplementing and enhancing industry player understanding of "non-core" markets
- Addressing complex questions on regional power market dynamics
- Establishing a foundation for long-term planning and investment decisions including future technology and generating fuel choices
- Securing up-to date inputs for budgeting and corporate planning efforts
- Supporting asset transactions including contract negotiation and structuring and project financing with an independent view of power prices and asset values
Regional North America Power Service
Considering the local nature of the power industry, the Regional North America Power Service (NAPS) delivers Wood Mackenzie┐s view on regulatory and fundamental regional trends and drivers in markets across North America. Regional NAPS offerings are available for each of the following five power markets: ERCOT, Midwest, Northeast, Southeast, and West.
- Regional Long-Term View. A 22-year semiannual supply, demand and zonal power price outlook.
- Regional Short-Term View. A monthly updated supply, demand and zonal power price outlook.
- North American Power Market Overview. A semiannual summary of the key regulatory and fundamental issues affecting the North American power markets and their impacts on long-term trends.
- Regional Market Overview. Semiannual discussions of the regional regulatory framework, market design, renewable and environmental policy drivers, transmission issues and expansion plans, and fundamental building blocks.
- Regional Sensitivities. Alternative long-term cases reflecting key industry uncertainties. Deliverables include assumptions and projections of market fundamentals and prices.
- An Opportunity to register for Wood Mackenzie┐s Semi-annual Power Forums. Regional NAPS users gain access to all the listed features relevant to their region(s) of choice.
The North America Power Service is one module of Wood Mackenzie's Regional Gas and Power Services. The other modules currently offered are:
- North America Gas Service
- European Gas & Power Service
- South East Asia Gas & Power Service
- China Gas & Power Service
For more information on the North America Power Service, email email@example.com.
+44 (0)131 243 4477
+1 713 470 1700
+65 6518 0888
All other enquiries: