China Gas & Power Service
Chinese gas and power demand growth is now a critical factor in the future of the global energy market, with demand continuing to grow faster than any other major market.
However, growth and development in China is not linear across the country, meaning that China represents a complex collection of diverse markets with individual opportunities and challenges. As such, it is vital that analysts, planners, project developers and strategists have a definitive understanding of the Chinese gas and power market beyond the macro-level to consider provincial supply, demand, infrastructure, regulation and pricing.
In response to this rapid growth, Wood Mackenzie has introduced the China Gas and Power Service. The service provides a macro-level view of China's gas and power supply, demand and price outlook to 2030. As well as detailed regional and provincial-level analysis covering north, east, south, central and south west China.
If you are a client of this product or want to check if you have access, please click here.
Not a Client?
If you would like more information on this Service, click here to register your interest.
Providing insight into the future direction of China's gas and power markets, the China Gas and Power Service delivers:
- Macro-level view of China's gas and power supply, demand and price outlook to 2030
- Detailed regional and provincial-level analysis covering North, East, South, Central and South West China
- Detailed analysis based upon dynamic modelling software to generate power and non-power demand by province
- Integrated gas and power dispatch modelling by project and province
- Domestic and imported supply analysis by project and region, including weighted average cost of gas by region and province and cost stacks for 2012 and 2030
- Competing fuels analysis
- Corporate analysis of key domestic and non domestic players
- Consideration of the key uncertainties and implications of China's gas and power market development
The service provides insight into future direction of gas and power markets in China, specifically:
- Understand how China's gas demand will develop and how/where gas will compete with oil and coal
- Consider the impact of price reform on the gas supply mix in China and the future price outlook
- Evaluate the development of the national and provincial power market and how/where gas will compete and potentially displace coal demand in the sector
- Understand the development of China's extensive power transmission infrastructure plans and what this means for the overall movement of energy from west to east
- Consider the outlook for domestic gas production, with a detailed focus on unconventional gas
- Analyze how much LNG China will import and into which markets and assess future supply growth from Central Asia and Russia
- Evaluate the delivered cost of gas and the pricing tolerance for this gas into provincial gas markets
- Benefit from access to Wood Mackenzie China gas, power and coal market analysts
- Interaction with peers through annual forums to developed to enhance dialogue between clients and with Wood Mackenzie
The China Gas & Power Service is one module of Wood Mackenzie's Regional Gas and Power Services. The other modules currently offered are:
- European Gas Service
- North America Gas Service
- North America Power Service
- South East Asia Gas & Power Service
For more information on China Gas and Power Service, email email@example.com.
+44 (0)131 243 4477
+1 713 470 1700
+65 6518 0888
All other enquiries: