PRISM is an integrated Power and Coal Model for the US and Canada, and a linear optimisation model designed to dispatch the US and Canadian electricity grid in the least cost manner to meet electricity demand
If you are a client of this product or want to check if you have access, please click here.
Not a Client?
If you would like more information on this Service, click here to register your interest.
The features of this model include:
- Comprehensive, accurate and up-to-date coal supply curves, with individual mine costs and reserves, divided into different coal types and origins
- Optimisation of dispatch, coal choices and equipment decisions
- Equipment decisions include choice of retro-fitting emissions controls and/or new plant construction
- New coal plant choices include IGCC as well as PC
- Models covering the entire US and Canada
- Models RTO transmission charges, both postage stamp and license plate
- Time periods modeled include peak, off-peak and super-peak daily, 4 seasons, 54 time blocks
- Simultaneous interplay of pollutant limits - SO2, NOX, Hg, and CO2
- Year-by-year forecasts of prices for power, coal and emission allowances
- Marginal prices for constrained generation or transmission capacity
- Easily varied environmental scenarios
Benefits to subscribers include:
- Functionality to develop bespoke scenarios and input own proprietary information
- The ability to run different scenarios to develop the optimum business plan that mitigates risk
- The ability to use the model to develop strategic long term and short term plans
- Understand the future dynamics of the interplay between coal and power and other fuel types such as gas
- The combination of all Hill and Associates core knowledge of the coal industry and power industry with Wood Mackenzie's knowledge of the oil and gas sector in North America
- Access to in-depth proprietary coal supply data
- The ability to benchmark against internal analysis
For more information on PRISM, email email@example.com.
+44 (0)131 243 4477
+1 713 470 1700
+65 6518 0888
All other enquiries: