The fuels retailing market in Western Europe has undergone considerable change and consolidation over the last decade. While fuel volumes have shown little, if any, long-term growth, consumers have become more discerning and demanding. Competition has constrained fuel prices and margins while the costs of complying with regulatory requirements have increased markedly. Achieving a satisfactory level of return thereby remains the key challenge for those companies active in fuels retailing.
If you are a client of this product or want to check if you have access, please click here.
Not a Client?
If you would like more information on this Service, click here to register your interest.
Wood Mackenzie's multi-client study Pacesetting Performance In European Fuels Retailing analyses this vital sector of the fuels market.
Building on Wood Mackenzie's 2003 study 'Strategies for Success in European Retail' and taking into account the important market and network portfolio changes that have taken place, this new study uses Catalist's 2004 service station database for Western Europe to:
- Evaluate the current and, more importantly, future 'market attractiveness' of each country.
- Identify the pacesetters in each market by benchmarking the relative structural strength of the retail assets of each of the main players on a number of key performance indicators.
- Assess the retail strategies of each player, both within each country and across Western Europe as a whole, identifying which are consistent with the achievement of 'pacesetting performance'.
More detailed information on the study objectives and region/company coverage is available in the "further product information" section above.
This multi-client study is no longer available for purchase.
For more information on Pacesetting Performance in European Fuels Retailing, email email@example.com.
Further product information
+44 (0)131 243 4477
+1 713 470 1700
+65 6518 0888
All other enquiries:
Related Products & Services
- Downstream Oil Service
- Product Markets Service
- Refinery Evaluation Model
- European Refining - New Players, New Markets, Falling Frontiers
- Strategies For Success in European Retail
- Will the Tiger Roar Again? - Refining in Asia Pacific
- The Long and Short of it - European Product Imbalances and their Implications
- Business Environment
- Strategy and Process
- Transactions Support